Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm done!!!!

My Christmas knitting is completely DONE!!! I started a pair of Monkey Socks for myself last night when I laid Scott's socks aside. I never thougth I'd get them done before Christmas but SO glad I did.

CHristmas baking has now taken over although only doing one batch of cookies a day unlike my grandmothers who did three or four a day. How I miss the days of getting together with them to bake. Today I baked Eggnog Cookies. They sounded interesting so I baked some.

Did some early Christmas shopping for myself!! I ordered some Malabrigo Lace yarn in Floral. I think I'm going to knit my mother in law a shawl for her birthday. She used to knit but she claims she wasn't any good and then her arthritis got to the point she couldn't do it anymore anyway, so this is something I am more than happy to do for her. If I like it I may have to get some for myself :) I don't knwo what pattern I am going to do it in though yet. We'll have to see. I do want to get some Blue Moon Fiber Arts yarn soon though, well after the holidays. I am thinking either Pink Granite or one of the other colors, I can't make up my mind right now and can't look at the site :(

No comments: