Sunday, July 17, 2011

Holy no posting! I forgot my password, OOPS

I've been knitting up a storm lately, which is good. I started my Kalediscope Fibers KAL sweater June 25th. Um, slight problem with that, I may be done before the KAL even STARTS! The KAL doesn't start until the 27th of this month. I am almost half way done with the sweater. I have two more to knit though so maybe if the one i'm doing now (for me) is done, I can do my daughter's. Then hopefully I have time to do a few more for gifts.

Speaking of gifts, it's almost 6 months out to Christmas (Carin I know you're gonna say something next week possibly about the Christmas countdown, oh well). Let's see....

My mom... a tank to go with her Dofuku kimono from TWO years ago.

My dad... a pair of socks, I think (don't normally knit for him)

My brother in law.... a pair of socks (knit him a pair two years ago, time for a new pair)

My sweet little girl... a sweater and possibly more wrist warmers

My cousin and his family... dishcloths and baby things (Rachel will also get a shawl)

My cousin... dishcloths and a shawl

My uncle and step aunt....dishcloths and a shawl for my step aunt

My inlaws are NOT getting anything this year handknit wise, they have been terrible to me (the one brother in law I'm knititng socks for is on my side of the family not my husbands, so it's all good)

I'm doing the Sedona Knit by C2knits. SO fun and easy. I have the collar done and the sleeves are on stitch holders for later, and about 2 1/2 inches of the body is done. I have 11 1/2 inches yet to go. Should fly, although it's in stockinette stitch for most of it and 2x2 rib for the edging. But I'm sure it'll go fast. I just need to get more yarn whenever idiot husband can send me some money (stupid inlaws are being terrible about his spousal support to me, but whenever a marriage goes south with him, they always blame the ex, dont' get it cause he's the one that fouled up with the affairs not the other way around).

I am also working on a Firaments Lace Shawl for myself, which is ALMOST done, I just have some more of the last pattern row of repeat eight to go, then a plain knit row then I can start the LAST repeat of the body and then work on the dangblasted perpendicular edging, that sounds like SO much fun!!!

No comments: